Our Family

Our Family

About Erin

I was born and rasied in Cape Girardeau. After college I got married and we moved to St. Louis a year later. Soon after we bought a house and had a baby. Our lastest adventure was deciding to bring our family back to Cape! It's great being so close to both sets of grandparents and family!

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Halloween 2013



Halloween morning Frankie got up at 5:30 am and wanted to put on his costume and go trick or treating.  We explained that we have to go to work and then come home and eat dinner then it would be time to go trick or treating.  But of course we let him wear his costume to the sitter's house. 
Halloween PJs

The great and amazing Buzz!!
 It rained all day long.  I was so nervous that we wouldn't be able to go trick or treating.  I was trying to plan in my head how I was going to explain that to a 3 year old.  Honestly I had decided even if it was raining I would make it happen some how because he was so excited about it!  The rain had stopped by the time we got home so we put in our Jack-O-Lantern pizza and played outside in the puddles!!


Trey's pumpkin carving skills.

Smile school anyone??

Having so much fun!

I just love this picture.  Colton does everything that Frankie does.  They are such good brothers to each other!

It doesn't look like it here but he enjoyed playing in the water too.
 Shortly after we started playing out side Ningee and Papa (my parents) showed up.  They come over every year, Ningee walks with us to take pictures and help with the kids and Papa stays at the house to hand out the candy.  It's a pretty sweet system!    Funny story, Tuesday evening Frankie advised that we would be dressing up.  He wanted me to be Jesse and Trey to be Rex....since he was so excited about Halloween, we did it! 
Meet Buzz, Jesse, Woody, Rex & Jesse

I love my little family!

First house.....Frankie wasn't so sure yet.

There's a snake in my boots...

To infinity and beyond..

The wind was picking up.

Colton really started to get into it.

We got smart and ran home to get the wagon.

Last house before the storm....
 It had be lighting pretty much the entire time we were trick or treating but it seemed way off in the distance so we weren't to worried about it.  After the above picture I could tell the wind was really picking up, I told Trey I think we needed to head home.  He said "babe there is only 1 more house with it's light on lets just go there and then we will head home".  Even though I really didn't want to I lugged Frankie to the door, leaving Colton in the wagon with Trey and Ningee.  We got to the door and several other kids came to the up behind us.  Just as the lady is putting candy in Frankie's bucket the sideways rain starting and the wind was super strong.  I just remember lifting Frankie up over all the other kids and took off running for the house.  As I am running through the yards to get to our house as fast as I could I am yelling for Trey and Ningee to grab Colton and run.  I think I  might of even said ditch the wagon, lol!  Frankie was yelling, "I'm scared, it's raining"  over and over again.  We were completely soaked!!!
After....

Drown rats!!  The blur is the result of a wet camera.

Had to get a candy fix!!

Sweet boy!
 What great memories we made.  This was a year to remember that's for sure!!  I know next year we will be saying remember what happen last year!

Since it was pouring down rain I didn't get to get a picture of our pumpkins all light up so I took these the next day.
Woody & Buzz and then 2 "scary" ones!

Trey free handed all of these!  What talent!!

No comments:

Post a Comment