Our Family

Our Family

About Erin

I was born and rasied in Cape Girardeau. After college I got married and we moved to St. Louis a year later. Soon after we bought a house and had a baby. Our lastest adventure was deciding to bring our family back to Cape! It's great being so close to both sets of grandparents and family!

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, November 1, 2013

Baking, Firepit & Pumpkin Carving


These are some of the wonderful things that I love about fall!  We love sweets at our house but who doesn't.  I really feel like October got away from me and I didn't get to squeeze in everything I wanted to.  That being said I will try to plan better for November...turkey crafts here we come!  We have been having a blast but staying very busy!  We started off October making PINK cookies.  I had left for the store to grab something we needed and I come home to pink cookie and some adorable pictures on the camera.  I said cool you made breast cancer awareness cookie and Trey said yeah or Frankie picked the color out.  Haha, regardless of the color they tasted super yummy!!!
So excited about the cookies!

If you haven't notice, my kids never have pants on.
We have been wanting a fire pit for the longest time and this year we finally got one.  It's been so fun to hang out with friends and family and of course eat s'mores!  We finished dinner early one night so we decided to make a fire so the boys could roast some marshmallows and have smores for the first time.
Frankie's face when I told him what s'mores were made of!

Colton reaching for the bag of big marshmallows.

Love these to.

Frankie roasting his first marshmallow.

Colton didn't even get a smore because at this point he had already had 6 huge marshmallows.

It was a success!  He wasn't to happy to have melted marshmallow on his hand though.
We usually pick one night to carve pumpkins and last year we let Frankie paint one.  This year Trey decided to do really hard carvings so he did the pumpkins all on different days.  Frankie didn't paint a pumpkin this year because Colton has to do everything that Frankie does, since he still puts everything in his mouth I just didn't mention doing it.  Maybe we will still do one before November is over!  Out of 3 pumpkins this is the only one I took pictures of.  I will post completed pictures of them on the Halloween 2013 post.



On Halloween Eve we baked some Halloween themed cookies.  Trey and my dad went hunting so it was just me and the boys.  They were actually very good and pretty helpful.  They turned out ok but most of them got smashed when trying to move them to the cookie sheet or they have finger marks in them from Colton sticking him fingers in them! :)
Big helpers.

Cutest bakers I have ever seen.


Making yummy cookies!
I love doing traditions with the boys that Trey and I started before we even had them.  It's so fun to see how much each year changes!  My babies are getting so big!  So blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment