Our Family

Our Family

About Erin

I was born and rasied in Cape Girardeau. After college I got married and we moved to St. Louis a year later. Soon after we bought a house and had a baby. Our lastest adventure was deciding to bring our family back to Cape! It's great being so close to both sets of grandparents and family!

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, January 2, 2015

Bunk Beds


Since sweet little boy #3 will be needing his own room come March, we decided to get the boys bunk beds and move Colton into Frankie's room.  It was a stressful decision on my part because I just couldn't decide what to get.  I really wanted some with steps but online and in stores they were so expensive.  But at the same time I wasn't sold on just getting ones with a ladder because Frankie isn't the best on those and I knew it would make my life much harder.

Then a few weekend ago we were driving home from Springfield and stopped in St. Louis to meet Jeremy, Laura and Landen for lunch at Pasta House (yummy) and they were telling use about this bunk bed they just saw at Weekend's Only.  It sounded perfect and exactly what I was wanting for them.  Later that evening I texted Lisa (Mimi) because she was there too and had pictures.  Once she sent me the picture I knew that is I one I had to have.  We made plans to drive up on Friday and get it- since they are only open on the weekends that was the first day we could get it.

Friday got here and I went to the boys Christmas party at school then we headed to St. Louis.  I drove Trey's truck so we could bring it home.  We go to the one on Manchester and it was gone, we go to the one off of Limberg and they have it but it was damaged.  They said that the one in IL had two left one on floor and one in a box.  We head off to IL and get there to find out that they only have the floor model left.  I said, we have drove all this way we are buying this bed.  They tell us that they aren't allowed to take it apart for us.  Lisa and I look at each other and say it can't be that hard......after paying for it and waiting for what seemed like hours in the pick up line we finally get to go into the warehouse and take it apart.  We were doing pretty good then two workers to come over to "help" us.  Their help ended up making the bed fall over and hit one of the workers in the head.  Any who we got the bed apart and they loaded it in the truck.  They said "oh we can't tie it down for you, you will have to do that."  Well we have never ever done that so we didn't do a very good job.  We drove very slowly (with rush hour traffic) but finally made it to Arnold, were Jeremy came to our rescue and re-did our work.  We finally made it home around 7:00!!  What an ADVENTURE we had!  :)

Sunday when my dad and Trey got back from hunting I put them to work getting the bunk beds put together.  They are perfect and the boys LOVE them!  I let Frankie sleep in them for a little over a week by himself to make sure he got use to it then on Wednesday (12/31/14) we moved Colton in there and they both have done amazing with the change.

Night one: Colton requested to go back to his room and sleep in his bed.  We let him know that this was his room and his bed now, he obliged and slept all night long!!!

Night two: Colton requested to sleep in Frankie's room.  He woke up at 1:20 am and said he wanted to come with me.  I told him, he was a big boy and he had to sleep in his big boy bed.  He laid back down and went back to sleep.

Night three: He is currently sleeping as I type!!


They are together!!

Checking them out for the first time.


Papa making the book shelves shorter.

The finished product!! (excuse the mess)

It's now Frankie & Colton's room!!!

First night for Colton- 12/31/14

Such big boys now!

These two are getting big way to fast!!  They are the best of friends and I love watching them play and grow together!!  Now if I can just tackle taking the paci from nap and bedtime then potty training!!  Got to do this in baby steps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment