Our Family

Our Family

About Erin

I was born and rasied in Cape Girardeau. After college I got married and we moved to St. Louis a year later. Soon after we bought a house and had a baby. Our lastest adventure was deciding to bring our family back to Cape! It's great being so close to both sets of grandparents and family!

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, January 3, 2015

2015 Goals


As I reflect on the year, I am constantly thinking of things that I could do better on.  I don't really like to have a "resolution" per say but I would like to improve on things that I am lacking on.  I have been brain storming for the past few day on what I would like to improve on.  This morning I ran across a Huffing Post article that hit the nail on the head for me.

Here are the things I would like to work on in 2015:
  • Yell less
  • Praise more
  • Laugh more
  • Give more hugs
  • Put down the phone--I really needed to see this one!  I have been horrible lately.
  • Pick one thing to stop nagging about (I might pick several things- we shall see)
  • Get outside as a family
  • Stop saying "no"- I use this word far to much, I would like to let the kids live a little! :)
  • Try new thing
  • De-clutter
  • Volunteer more
  • Focus on experiences rather than things
Some of those are going to be harder than others but I think we will all benefit from them.  I want to be present in my kids lives and not miss something cute because I was on Facebook or mad about something they did even though I said not to do it.  I am going to try my hardest to just "let go" of things that really aren't important.

In addition to the things that I want to work on I also want to make sure we have lots of fun in 2015.  I want to travel and take the boys on new adventures and to experience new things. 

Lastly, I want to make sure we stick to our budget and get Trey's truck and Blood bank schooling paid off.  Dave Ramsey is an amazing guy and we have learned so much and done so well!  I want to make sure we send our kids out in the real world knowing how money really works and I truly believe in leading by example.

I can't wait to see what 2015 has in store for us!!    




No comments:

Post a Comment