Our Family

Our Family

About Erin

I was born and rasied in Cape Girardeau. After college I got married and we moved to St. Louis a year later. Soon after we bought a house and had a baby. Our lastest adventure was deciding to bring our family back to Cape! It's great being so close to both sets of grandparents and family!

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Colton- 19/20 Months


Whelp folks this should not surprise anyone but I am a whole month late on this post.  Time has just been getting away from me and to be honest I have been really tired and really really lazy!  Today Colton is 21 months old!! Holy cow he will be TWO in 3 short months! :/

Not much has changed from your 17/18 month post.  You still love to do anything and everything that Frankie does.  You can pretty much keep up with him to.  You guys fight over toys, you hit and push each other but I am sure that will only get worse as you get older.  You guys are the best of friends though.  Frankie can usually cheer you up when you are feeling down.  Frankie always tries to comfort you if you are upset and I am away (usually using the potty).  You still strongly dislike the word "no" and will most of the time throw yourself down on the floor and have a full blown temper tantrum.  I usually walk away when you are having these tantrums and you usually get up and follow me to whatever room I go to and throw yourself back down and continue your tantrum. We have recently started telling you to go to timeout and you know exactly where the "timeout" spot is and you go there and sit in it.  I guess that is one good thing that your big brother has taught you. :)  Your cheeks are still the cutest I have ever seen.  I keep telling you that you are my beautiful boy but I should probably stop that soon so you don't get a complex. ;)  But you are truly the most handsome toddler I have every seen (of course I am not parcel or anything)!

  • You had Flu A and double ear infections in February but it only kept you down 2 days and you seemed to be pretty much back to your happy self.  Then you also had a double ear infection in late March.  The first meds didn't work so we had to go back to the doctor and they gave you a different antibiotic which seemed to fix the problem.  You went in for you ear re-check today and they looked clear!  Praise the Lord!  Tubes will be in our future if you get another ear infection. :/
  • You are starting to not mind the doctor so much.  Which is sad because we have been there so much but it make the visit much easier.  Plus you get a sucker and a sticker when you are done, why wouldn't you like it! 
  • You have developed some new dance moves over the month and you will even shake your booty when we ask you to.
  • You run fast, you climb on everything and you can even jump a little.
  • You are talking up a storm.  You say tons of words: Mommy, Daddy, Nene, Papa, Mimi, Chachy, I want down, off, socks, thank you, bye, love you, please, sissy, Frankie, bath, Colton, ball, outside, poop poop, eyes, nose, eat, drink, no, baby, and papi (his paci).  I am sure there are more but that is all I can think of right now.  You will also repeat anything when asked.  You are a talking machine.  I can pretty much understand every word that you say and I can usually figure out what you are wanting.
  • You love any kind of ball.  You kick them, roll them, throw them and even bounce them.  I think basket ball is your favorite sport so far. You love to watch it live and on TV.
  • You can follow simple instructions and nod for say yes or no when we ask you questions.
  • You are taking 1 nap a day and sleep through the night almost every night.  We usually put you down around 7:45 or 8 pm and you sleep till 6:15-7 am.  You are still "head banging" but I guess whatever helps you sleep at night. :)
  • You love to eat pancakes for breakfast and can usually eat 2 and then you want something to eat as soon as you get to Mrs. Erica's.  She says that you usually eat a good lunch but you never show me your lunch eating skills on the weekend.  You love any kind of snack but haven't really eaten dinner for the past couple of months.  You sometimes eat your fruit and a few bites of meat and then you want down.  Some of your favorites are strawberry nutrigrain bars, pop tarts, pancakes and fruit cups.  We did recently switch to a booster chair instead of you highchair and you seem to really like it.  I like it because you can no longer stand up like you use to in your highchair.
  • You have lots of teeth now but they are still hard for me to count.  I don't dare stick my finger in there.
  • You are wearing a size 4 diaper and 24 month shirts and 18 months (some 24 month) pants.
  • At your doctor appointment today (21 Months) you were 24 lbs 8 oz and 34 1/2 inches long.
Baby boy you are growing up to fast, but we are having a blast watching you learn!!  Please stay my sweet boy forever!!  Love you to the moon and back!
(Picture were taken 2 weeks late)





Yep pretty much over it.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment