Our Family

Our Family

About Erin

I was born and rasied in Cape Girardeau. After college I got married and we moved to St. Louis a year later. Soon after we bought a house and had a baby. Our lastest adventure was deciding to bring our family back to Cape! It's great being so close to both sets of grandparents and family!

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, May 27, 2013

2013 Vacation- Part One


Back in January we started following Dave Ramsey's debit snow ball basically to pay off student loans and basement debit (also to get our savings built back up).  Anyway we decided then that we were not going to do a beach vacation this year.  We opted for a low key trip to St. Louis staying with Trey's brother's family.  They have a son 16 days older than Colton!  We are all best friends so it was really fun to hang out all week!!!

Monday:  We got up and left around 9 on Monday morning, the boys were very good in the car.  Colton napped some on the way up there so we opted to head straight to Jeremy and Laura's to get our things settled.  I usually keep everything in our bags when we stay for the weekend but I wanted things more settled since it was going to be a week stay.  I must say that is the way to go, I knew where everything was.  By the time I finished un-packing the kids were getting a little restless so off we went to Wal-mart.  I know, what were we thinking!  We wanted to pick up some groceries because we knew that we would be cooking a few meal at there house and I need to pick up a few food items for the boys.  Once we got back the boys went down for a nap and honestly I think I feel asleep on the couch.  When we all got up we headed out to pick up his grandma to take her to dinner.  Trey and I had this great idea to get all the grand kids and great grand kids together and take grandma to dinner.  Some of the grand kids couldn't make it but I think that she really enjoyed it.  I am sad that I didn't get any pictures, but I know it made her very happy!

Tuesday:  It rained and stormed pretty bad on Monday night, which brought in some cooler weather.  We took full advantage of that and went to the zoo.  It was extra fun because Aunt Laura and Landen got to come with us.  This was Colton and Landen's first time to the STL zoo!  I think they had a blast and the weather was perfect!!

Cousin time!

The new Sea Lion area.  (I think the pool was a little dirty ??)

Sweet boy

We tried to get a family pic.  I am finding this is harder and harder these days!  LOL!

If you haven't noticed Frankie is working on finding that perfect smile!  Haha!


So sweet!



He really liked the rhino, we stayed there the longest I think.


Then my camera died. :(  Mommy fail, I should know to always charge my camera before the zoo.  I got a few other cute pics on my phone that I will have to share soon in a random post.  It started getting hot just in time for lunch so we left and ate lunch.  After we got home everybody was exhausted.  We all took a 3 hour nap!!  We jumped up from our nap and headed to St. Charles for dinner with some good friends and there kiddos.  The kids had a blast playing together, we got home late and went straight to bed!!


Part two---Coming soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment