Our Family

Our Family

About Erin

I was born and rasied in Cape Girardeau. After college I got married and we moved to St. Louis a year later. Soon after we bought a house and had a baby. Our lastest adventure was deciding to bring our family back to Cape! It's great being so close to both sets of grandparents and family!

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, May 19, 2014

First Day at Eagle Ridge


5/19/2014

Whoa, first I have to say that this is my 300th post!  Who knew that I would like blogging so much!  I love being able to look back and see what fun we have been having!!!

Moving on....today Frankie and Colton started going to daycare at Eagle Ridge Christian School.  They will both start preschool there in the fall, but we thought it would be good to start them in the summer session so they could have a chance to get use to it before "school" started.  We have been talking about school since the beginning of March, when we decided this would be our next move.  A friend recommended it to us, I went for a visit and I liked what I saw.  :)  Now fast forward to this morning.  It started like any other, in a rush to get ready and head out the door.  Before we left we had to take a few pictures though.

Their bags are packed and ready to go!

My BIG boys!







Even M&M couldn't help this photo shoot! ;)  After the photo shoot we headed to school.  We talked about their new school the whole way there.  Frankie asked a few times when they were going to go back to Mrs. Erica's or if they were ever going back.  I explained that they could go back to play whenever they wanted but this was going to be their new school.  Frankie had been worried about making new friends so I assured him that he would make lots of new friends, he just needed to introduce himself and ask if they wanted to play with him.  We worked on saying "Hi my name is Frankie" and "Hi my name is Colton."  I made the mistake of doing Frankie's name first so all Colton would say is "Hi I Frankty." 

As we were walking in Frankie said "I am just going to say hi I'm Frankie want to be friends."  It was so sweet!  Once we got in I sat them down at the cafeteria table and got their tray of breakfast.  Colton stuck pretty close to Frankie, but I knew he would be just fine once he warmed up.  They were so big and brave, but I lost it.  I had tears streaming down my face and Frankie looks at me and said "bye mom have a good day."  I cried for about 15 minutes, not because I was worried about them but because they were so BIG and so BRAVE!  When I picked them up today they didn't want to leave, I guess that's a good sign. :)  Frankie wouldn't tell me much about his day other than he had lots of fun and they played with balls all day.  I can't wait to see how the rest of the week and summer goes.  I am sure I will be a mess again come  August when they start 2 yr old & 4 yr old preschool.

Oh and I can't forget the amazing Mrs. Erica!  I don't know how she kept track of these kiddos.  She was amazing with the boys and they loved her so much!  They were both with her for close to two years.  She got to spend lots of time with them and treated them like her own!!  We are so grateful to have had you!!  We will have to make sure and have lots of playdates!! Here is a picture of her and the boys on Friday (their last day).  She is currently prego with thier fourth child. :)

We love you Mrs. Erica!!



No comments:

Post a Comment