Our Family

Our Family

About Erin

I was born and rasied in Cape Girardeau. After college I got married and we moved to St. Louis a year later. Soon after we bought a house and had a baby. Our lastest adventure was deciding to bring our family back to Cape! It's great being so close to both sets of grandparents and family!

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Day in the Life (Sort of)


We recently got more snow and ice so I wanted to document our snow day (in the life)!  A typical "day in the life" isn't really that crazy.  We get up, go to work & school, come home, cook dinner, Frankie & Colton take a bath, I put them to bed and then I watch TV till I am ready to go to bed then we start it all over again.

Wednesday I headed to work for a little bit but it got pretty bad so I headed home around 10, Trey already had the boys home at that point.  Wednesday was pretty chill, we played at home, Colton napped then we played with friends from across the street.  Thursday we woke up and the roads were ice covered so I made the judgement call of staying home with the boys!  We had a 2 SNOW days in March!!! 

Wednesday:
This was all the sleet that we had within the first hour of the storm starting





Thursday:
We headed out to play early!
He loved sledding

He loved digging

She loved running

:)

The next MO bobsled team!!

By 7:45 we were back in the house watching Paw Patrol
 We played a few games.....
His bugs legs wouldn't stay in.



She slept A LOT!!
 Papa braved the roads to visit us....
Double teaming Papa

Matching hats

 Papa left and Colton took a nap.....



 Colton woke up......
......and this happened!!  The sweetest thing ever!!!
 We had dinner and then burned some extra energy off downstairs!!
Life with boys!! :)

With only a few more days as a family of FOUR I wanted to say a few things about how our life is right now:

Trey: He is busy working, going to school and being an awesome daddy.  He deals with all of my "to-do lists" that I give him and is excelling at school.  He is a great daddy to the boys so I am sure that won't change by adding another baby.  His stress level might increase just a little though.

Me: Currently I am doing great.  I have very little swelling and not much to complain about.  I am super uncomfortable and have to pee non stop but that is all par for the course at this point. ;)  I do feel like I am more moody, especially with the boys but I am really trying to work on that because I will be getting even less sleep when Jaxson arrives.  I have every thing done that needs to be done but I will continue you making my lists and creating more to do!!

Frankie: He is doing great in school!  After Christmas break it seemed like everything just clicked, he can write and spell his name, likes to get dressed and undressed himself, loves to color and cut with scissors.  He is a bright little boy and I am excited to watch him continue to grow.  He has recently fell in love with the TV show Paw Patrol and still loves Spiderman.  He eats a ton, but you couldn't tell by how skinny he is.  However is growing so tall- I just had to order new pants.  He has already done the "big" brother thing once, at this point I really don't know what kind of feeling he has on being a big brother again.  He doesn't seem to have much interest in my belly or talking about Jaxson unless Colton is talking about him.

Colton:  He loves preschool and all of his little buddies there.  He is learning so much.  He is such an active little guy and runs everywhere!  He really enjoys playing by himself and can keep himself occupied for quit some time.  For the past couple of weeks he has refused to wear anything but sweat pants, for the life of me I have no idea why. ;)  He is OBSESSED with the TV show Paw Patrol and also likes Batman and Spiderman.  He eats an amazing breakfast (3 pancakes at home & then breakfast at school) and usually eats a decent lunch but hardly ever eats dinner.  You love my belly and like to kiss it and rub it all the time.  You adore babies and are so sweet to them.  I think that he will be a great big brother!

Well that is us in a nutshell.  I can only image how much life is about to change!  Bring on Thursday, we are all over the moon excited to meet sweet baby Jaxson!!

No comments:

Post a Comment