Our Family

Our Family

About Erin

I was born and rasied in Cape Girardeau. After college I got married and we moved to St. Louis a year later. Soon after we bought a house and had a baby. Our lastest adventure was deciding to bring our family back to Cape! It's great being so close to both sets of grandparents and family!

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Colton- 1 Month Old



Happy 1 Month Birthday little guy.  It's hard to believe that a month has already passed since I had you.  I have done a lot of things differently with you than I did with you big brother.  First off, I switch you to formula at 2 weeks old.  It made the world of difference for us.  You and I are much happier because you are getting to eat and filling full after you eat.  Also I guess since I have had 2 years of practice I feel more comfortable with you and we have been on the go since you were born.  I have been to the library for singing time, Target & Wal-mart a lot and have had a few fun play dates with new friends!  You have gotten big so fast!!!  At your 2 week appointment you were 8 lbs 9 ozs which is 3 ozs over your birth weight!  I can't wait to see what you are at your 2 month appointment. 

Here are some fun things about you:

*You have amazingly strong neck muscles and can hold your head up on your own for a good amount of time. 

*You have been able to spend more time with out someone holding you.  You enjoy laying on your back looking around.  You also really like the swing and bouncy seat.

*You seem to only like to take a nap in you swing for bouncy seat.  But will sleep in your bassinet at night.

*You don't sleep or nap well if you are not swaddled, but you really hate to be swaddled if your  awake.

*You have a hard time going to sleep unless someone is holding you.  (Not good, we need to work on this.  Haha!)

*You eat every 2-3 hours.  At about 3 weeks I started giving you 4 ozs of formula because you still seems hungry after 3 ozs.  It seems to fill you up now.  You were eating every 2 hours but I have been working on spreading it out more and you can easily make it 2 1/2 (most of the time) but sometimes you surprise me and go 3 or longer.

*At night you usually sleep 3-4 hours at a time. 

*You always seem to smile at me after you finish getting your bottle, it's very cute!!

*You can still where newborn clothing but the sleepers are to small.  I have started to put you in 0-3 but they are still a little big.

*You were in newborn diapers because I still had some that I wanted to use but should have been switched to size 1 at 3 weeks.  Haha!  The size 1 seem to be just a tiny bit big, but the newborns were way to small.



Happy One Month!!


Just Born.......taken at 2 weeks old

You are such a joy!!  So thankful to have 2 sweet boys!!  It going to be great to watch you grow, bring it on!!!

1 comment: