Our Family

Our Family

About Erin

I was born and rasied in Cape Girardeau. After college I got married and we moved to St. Louis a year later. Soon after we bought a house and had a baby. Our lastest adventure was deciding to bring our family back to Cape! It's great being so close to both sets of grandparents and family!
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, March 13, 2017

Hot Diggity Dog Jaxson Reid is TWO!


This past Saturday our friends and families came out to celebrate Jaxson turning 2.  The kid loves Mickey Mouse so it was the perfect theme for his party.  Side bonus, Frankie's 2nd birthday party was also Mickey Mouse so I got to reuse most of that stuff. :)  I have been all about keeping it simple these days so I opted for hot dogs, chip & dip, cole slaw and fruit.  I made vanilla and chocolate cupcakes for dessert!

Jaxson played before anyone got there and after everyone left. Ha!  He isn't big on having that many people at his house, especially if they are all looking at him.  During the party he pretty much just sat on my lap.  We have so much "stuff" that I put no gifts on the invite, but people still brought things. Ha!  He got a Mickey Mouse couch- which he LOVES, tons of adorable outfits, some Disney World gift cards and lots of his favorite snacks!  I am so happy that my family and friends get him, food is always the best way to get Jaxson Reid's heart! ;)









































We appreciate everyone taking a little time out of their Saturday to celebrate Jaxson's birthday!!

Credits:
Family shirts: a Christmas gift from Katie Boyer for our trip to Disney- Made by Trisha Berens
Happy Birthday sign & Food labels: Paper & ribbon from Hobby Lobby.  Letters and circle cut at the local Cape library with their embossing machine. Created the food labels with a little help from Pinterest, got the paper and stickers from Hobby Lobby.
Decor & Goodie Boxes: Wal-mart & Dollar Tree had everything we needed. (I hit the jackpot at Dollar Tree because they had tons of Mickey Mouse birthday party stuff)
Serving Trays: Target
Food: Wal-mart

After the birthday party, Frankie and I had a mother/son event at his school.  It was a Lego Scavenger hunt and we had to go all around Jackson looking for clues then come back to the school and build a Lego car.  We rushed and went as fast as we could but didn't win.  But the important thing is that we had fun doing it!! :)



That evening we had dinner with the White's!  It was a fun evening getting to talk and catch up on life!  We also feel so disconnect through winter because we don't have as much time to hang out and talk!  Spring is almost here though!!  :)


Very last snuggle and book time with my 1 year old!!

I will happily make any silly face for a smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment